Product : ScanINSPECT VPI
Virtual Product Inspection
Stencil Inspection, Stencil gerber file generation and placement programming
ScanINSPECT VPI is a fully integrated, stand-alone process control, measurement and inspection and programming workstation for use in setting up processes before the production floor in the PCB or Hybrid Microcircuit assembly industries.
ScanINSPECT VPI uses a PC Windows based software package integrated with a high-resolution, calibrated, A3 size flatbed scanner. This combination allows inspection of artwork, PCB’s, ceramic substrates, components, stencils and screens at virtually any stage of production. Parts can be inspected versus either Gerber data, CAD data or Golden parts. All variables come together as a virtual part to avoid costly problems before full production starts.
MEASUREMENT AND INSPECTION FUNCTIONS
- Compare new Stencils and Screens against
- Gerber image or actual PCBs for errors
- Verify aperture sizes to 0.0005” and aperture
- Absence/presence as small as 0.002” (0.050mm)
- Highlight D-Codes
- Check Gerber Image against Scanned Image
- Compare Gerber Image against Gerber Image
- Placement programming for SMT & Axial and Radial inserters
- Design Rule Check
- Component vision files creation for Pick & Place database
PCB ASSEMBLY APPLICATIONS
ScanINSPECT VPI is capable of performing many different functions in a PCB Assembly facility such as:
Design – Check Holes, Slots, Real Estate.
- Components – Compare parts from Multi-vendors including shape, color, size.
- Bare Boards – FR4, Ceramic or Flex parts. Compare from multi-vendors. Compare to Gerber or to Stencil.
- Stencils/Screens – Detect stretch, wear, missing, blocked or damages apertures. Use for incoming inspection or in production after cleaning.
- Wet Boards – Scan with standoffs. Compare paste or adhesive to Gerber, stencil or Golden part.
- Loaded Boards – Compare component locations, rotation, package type, etc to CAD data. First Article Inspection!
HYBRID MICROCIRCUIT APPLICATIONS
In the Hybrid Microcircuit Industry the same system can be used to check:
- Design – Check Holes, Slots, Real Estate.
- Artwork – Compare mylar, diazo, glass, chrome, etc to Gerber, Golden parts or screens.
- Wet Substrates – Scan with standoffs and compare printed material to Gerber or Golden parts.
- Loaded Substrates – Compare component locations, rotation, package type, etc to CAD data. First Article Inspection!
- Stencils/Screens – Detect stretch, wear, missing, blocked or damages apertures. Use for incoming inspection or in production after cleaning
Process Management Work Instruction Software
Affordable for small companies and robust for multidivisional corporations
Reduce Cost- associated with work instruction development, deployment and maintenance.
Higher Quality - the process is performed the same way every time, and is not people dependent. All QA checks are performed to the same standard.
Improved Training Efficiency - new users trained by software, not another user. Lower skilled workers perform higher level tasks because the knowledge is in the software.
Increased Productivity - Information moves in real time, repetitive functions can be automated, users are guided through the entire process.
Traceability - Software automatically archives data associated with each process step within a work order. ie:, date & time stamp, elapsed time, user, plus any related data, etc.
Process Portability - entire process, with support documentation, can easily be exported to other facilities and/or subcontractors